Kate at September 29, 2012 Wedding


I think I may be losing my mind. I know I saw the photos of Michael Middleton giving Thierry Kelaart away and I knew the Middletons were there, but I don't think I posted on this appearance  Obviously, we have seen the dress before, but that hat made me sit up and say, what? I never got a chance to weigh in on such a chapeau. This was the wedding not long after their last tour, henceforth known as, Island Tour.  My brain slows down when I am tired, so I guess I saw Michael with the bride and then moved on. Very weird. It is never too late to fix an oversight.

via Daily Mail
Kate wore this grey, embroidered Erdem to the Trouping of the Colour 2012. I didn't love it then, and I am not crazy about it here, but it is the hat that disappoints.  That is flat-flop pancake à la Pippa if ever I saw one. We know Kate can do the angled hat with a little more omph.


Pippa debuted this unsatisfactory look with that hat and pea green coat last year. It looked really bad, I will refrain from panning it a second time, but it was a major disaster in my book.


This wedding, however, Pippa was the girl with her act together, and Kate was just a little below par.  I really like the neutral colors of Pippa's palette and the dress looks lovely. Her fascinator is interesting and definitive. It doesn't look like a hat that just lost its will to live right before the ceremony... Good on Pippa! Too often she gets the bad rap.


The Matriarch of the clan was stunning, as is usual. That woman never seems to put a foot wrong. We all make the occasional fashion faux-pas. I know I do, but Carole gives us all hope that someday we will have learned from the mistakes.


All this being said, I still feel like I reported on this, but I have scoured this blog and have found nothing.  If I have forgotten, perhaps you have, too. I am off for some tea to clear my head...

Get the best recount of the wedding at the DM here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 AGC blog All Rights Reserved.