[Updated] Chi Magazine Publishes Pregnant Kate Bikini Shots from Mustique




I don't mean to sound like a spoiled and egocentric individual, but I am supremely bored by the indignant cries against the photos of the Middleton vacation this past week, which will surface any day now. The Middletons have been vacationing on Mustique the past seven years and we have had photos of one kind or another almost every year.  What makes anyone think, in the present economy, that lucrative snaps won't come to light this year? It is ludicrous to assume otherwise. Furthermore, the many people who are so indignant that these photos will be printed are the same people who drive up demand for them. If you follow Kate's public engagements you contribute to her celebrity and by direct effect, pap shots.

Darren McGrady, former chef to Queen Elizabeth II, has been tweeting today about this whole uproar and he kept it simple--as one must in 140 characters or less:



Lisa was also a voice of reason and reality:


In no way do I condone the nude photos of Kate that were sold. That should have been a judgement call first on the part of the photographer and then on the part of every decent publisher, not to allow such degrading photos to see publicity. The difference here is very stark to me, and I just don't have an overwhelming problem with it. I wrote this post in 2011, but I still believe everything I said in it. Although, I mention Mustique as a place the royals can find privacy, I do not believe it is a sacred space of freedom. If photographers get beach snaps, that's life. William is a multi-millionaire and can afford to pay for full and complete privacy when the spirit moves him.

I will share the Mustqiue photos here on this blog, as I have posted the many other holiday pictures in the past.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 AGC blog All Rights Reserved.